What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels work by exfoliating the skin’s surface to reduce the appearance of blemishes, smooth skin texture, improve radiance and restore skin health. They are most effective at enhancing cell turnover and approving the appearance on the surface of the skin.
Chemical peels come in many different strengths and formulations ranging from superficial to deeper penetrating peels. Common peels include alpha hydroxy acid (AHAs), beta hydroxy acids (BHAs) and trichloroacetic acid (TCA).
- AHAs are often used to treat signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, dullness and uneven skin.
- BHAs are often used to treat more problematic skin concerns such as blemishes, acne and large pores.
- TCA are used to treat more advanced visible signs of aging and discoloration caused by sun damage, acne or hormones.
All peels are customized according to the patients’ needs and will be determined at the time of treatment. All peels are recommended in a series of 3 or 6 treatments to achieve the desired results. A detailed consultation with your Aesthetician is recommended to determine which peel is suitable for your skin type.
- Powerful combination of antioxidants and enzymes including Niacinamide / Lactic / Glycolic / Salicylic Acids
- Customized deluxe treatment that leaves your skin purified, glowing and radiant
- No downtime – red carpet ready
- Lactic / Glycolic Acid
- No downtime
- Superficial peel – a great introductory peel
- Safe for all skin types
- Effective for dry skin, aging, and sun damaged skin
- Can be combined with dermaplaning (see below)
- Salicyclic Acid
- Fast peel – no downtime
- Effective for oily or acne prone skin
- 6% TCA / Lactic / Kojic / Azelaic Acids
- No downtime
- Suitable for all skin types
- Formulated with a unique peeling option for highly sensitive or rosacea prone skin
- Helps promote a clear skin complexion and an overall brightening of the skin
- 20% Lactic Acid / TCA 10% / L-Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C / Kojic Acid
- 3 – 4 days of mild flaking
- Effective for mature skin
- Appropriate for all skin types, conditions and sensitivities.
- 15% TCA / 3% Glycolic
- Downtime 4 to 6 days of peeling
- Deep peel for true correction
- Effective for extremely sun damaged and aging skin
- Quick 30 minute service
- An exfoliating treatment that removes peach fuzz and dead skin cells
- Promotes healthy skin, diminishes the look of fine lines and allows for deeper penetration of skin care products
- Leaves your skin brighter and healthier giving you that baby smooth look and feel