Board-certified dermatologist Dr. Rachel White offers existing and new patients virtual appointments. Meet one-on-one with Dr. White from the comfort of your home or office. Virtual appointments are conducted with the same level of quality and professionalism as in-person appointments. Virtual appointments will afford you the ability to discuss your concerns, treatment options, and more.
How to request a Virtual Visit
- Download the Medici Patient app for iOS or Android
- Complete your information to register in the app.
- Once you are in the app, go to the section titled “Connect with your doctor” and select “Add an activation code.” To connect with Dr. Rachel White, you will enter the code 5X9Z7ZN6A9
- You are ready to go! Schedule a virtual appointment by calling our office at (267)824-4400. When your scheduled appointment time arises, please initiate the visit by messaging Dr. White on the app. The app will allow the private exchange of photographs and/or video if warranted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Teledermatology is a subspecialty in the medical field of dermatology where phones, computers or other devices are used to exchange medical information in order to diagnose and treat various skin ailments.
Just about anything! We can help with acne, rashes, growths etc. If Dr. White believes a procedure or in-office visit is required she can schedule that for you during the consultation. Full body skin screenings will not be possible using this technology. If you aren’t sure, call our office and will help guide you.
Medici is an app that RW Dermatology is using for HIPAA-compliant texting of photos and exchange of medical information.
We offer two payment options:
- Self-Pay – Your first option is self-pay, a flat rate of $90 that is collected through the telemedicine application. This is typically around the cost of a copayment. There are no other charges for deductibles or co insurances.
- Insurance – Your second option is for us to attempt to submit the visit claim to your insurance. Due to these unprecedented circumstances, insurance companies are covering telemedicine visits differently. If applicable, we will take your copay over the phone and submit the visit to your insurance. If the visit is not accepted, we will bill you the flat rate visit fee of $90 and return the copayment.
If Dr. White determines that an in-office visit is required to assist, the cost of this evaluation will be waived altogether and we will schedule you for an in-office visit.
Yes. RW Dermatology will attempt to submit the visit claim to your insurance. Due to these unprecedented circumstances, insurance companies are covering telemedicine visits differently. If applicable, we will take your copay over the phone and submit the visit to your insurance. If the visit is not accepted, we will bill you the flat rate visit fee of $90 and return the copayment.